View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Here's what I think is going to happen. The season gets cancelled, the PA decertifies and the league responds by trying to use replacement players.

As I said earlier, Bettman has an escapegoat in the legal system should it go to court.

None of the PR schemes Bettman has lined up are going to work. What he needs to realize is that his two decades have made a lot of people not like him. The NHL fanbase does not like him and we don't want to like him. That is a fact. We will never give him the benefit of the doubt.

The obvious holes in logic of his PR stunts have been exposed by fans and media at every turn.

The only times I hear anyone say anything good about Bettman are when they're used to balance out the loads of criticism that are heaped upon him. That's not a joke, that's literally the way it is.

I know there are people with power and connection who read this. I'm saying this as someone outside the bubble, but wanting to get in: the longer Bettman stays around, the angrier fans will get at the owners who enable him.

Or if I can put it in terms that might hit closer to home, Bettman is hurting the brand.

What concerns me is that if Bettman is trying to play rope-a-dope with the Fehrs, he won't realize when he's actually been beat.

8:35pm Pierre LeBrun tweets to expect statements from all 4 owners who joined talks this week. (that means Vinik)

Last edited by Felonious Python: 12-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote