View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Kucherov is a nice skilled player, who doesn't belong to this list. If he is, well teall me why. Why he should be ahead of guys like Teravainen, Collberg and Sorensen who are not on the list?

Barkov=Nichushkin. I mean, come on, that's bad even for a russian homer. Barkov is a star in SM-Liiga, and will probably play at senior WC this year. Nichushkin isn't even a star in VHL.

And Slepyshev? Undrafted player who didn't improve much from last year? He isn't even a lock to make the team, he isn't the best junior on his KHL team and you call him elite. With the same sucess we can call just everybody on canadian or swedish roster elite.
Kucherov, the guy who set a record for U18 in points and was better than Grigorenko. He had an excellent season last year by MHL. His raw talent is certainly up there. Fortunately his injury bug has little to do with his talent.

Have you seen Nichushkin play in KHL? The guy is a beast with the puck. I'll let the time tell that story. He surprised me, after a quiet season last year and few minutes, this guy jumped in VHL and became a scoring leader on his team. In under 15 games he made the KHL roster. A star in VHL? He didn't have enough time, he was so good for KHL- and I think he is just heating up. Going by draft prediction Barkov, (who also happens to be Russian) is considered top 3, and Nichushkin top 10. Throw away that Russian factor, he would be higher too.

Slepyshev, yet another victim of the Russian factor. I recommend you stop judging Russian players by their draft status. He was the best Junior on his KHL before he got injured, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Also the best LW for the U20 on Russia this year.

Garl, on top of your downplaying of KHL and the players, I think a lot of your information is seriously out of date.

Last edited by Fulcrum: 12-06-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote