View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:56 PM
FlutteringSaucer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Okay, maybe that's true but I just hate watching that boring puck-control hockey called "meidan peli". It is terrible.

And how ****ing bad is Finland if that's true?? Finland will always be that underdog MENTALLY if they go to play like "we cannot win if we don't play this stupid meidan peli" or follow other complicated strategy which kills the pace and intensity of the game.

I rather watch Finland losing by playing real old time hockey than see them winning by killing the game.

No, Finland is not that bad, anymore. Instead NT players should finally stand up and say "we are as good as anybody and we won't take this **** (like "meidan peli") anymore!"
"Meidän peli" by definition isn't as passive as it's been for last year. I agree with you that the game has been too offensively passive lately. The idea behind the whole "meidän peli" is great but will face its biggest challenges so far now that the coaching crew is going to change.

Old time hockey isn't going to come back sorry about that. Sweden and Finland are imo playing the most sophisticated hockey in the world. We can only hope that the NA and Russian teams are going to stay with their outdated systems because otherwise we'll be screwed. Sweden would still have the talent to compete but when it comes to skill level of top players Finland can't compete with the top4.

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote