View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:08 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
This whole lines thing drives me crazy. There are many instances where a "3rd line" center is more valuable than the 1st line center on the team. That's why I don't like using lines, it's much easier to divide minutes. David Bolland plays some of the toughest minutes in the NHL and does really well with those minutes. Lazar seems to have the potential to play that role. If he can be a David Bolland I would take him 12th-15th overall in a second.
I want to see him be a more prickly SOB to play against like Bolland in this second half, but I agree his skillset and attitude is reminiscent of Bolland. His willingness to do the dirty work and be all over the ice, he respects the importance of playing your role by coming up through in a winning environment on these Oil Kings teams - I think it's a very important mentality to adopt going forward to pro. I believe it helped Bolland's transition to pro having to work his way up through the lineup in a variety of roles in London before exploding in his last year offensively.

Somewhere between Bolland and Brandon Sutter is where I see Lazar going forward at the moment. That is absolutely worth a pick in the 10-20 range.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote