View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Edler refused to sign with Vancouver before the lockout. This is a bolder statement than Luongo has made about wanting out. With Luongo it's all talk so far, Edler has taken action.

Moving Edler makes far more sense than trading Luongo. Canucks have six other defensemen but only have one other NHL goalie and he's a noob.

Edler will sign somewhere. Having him on your team, learning your system might be an advantage, no? I look at Anahiem's defense and I see room for Edler and his game. I think Edler is a fit and possibly Luongo, too, if Hiller is not able to continue or is traded to Toronto. Luongo and Edler will bring balance to Anahiem and I think offer fair value for a top six forward, whomever that may be.
What? Lots of players didn't finish to hammer out their contracts. Unless you think all of Getzlaf, Flippula, Weiss, etc are all purposely refusing to sign with their teams. It's far more likely that the owners were just waiting until the CBA was resolved before handing out new contracts(which is why Weber signed an offer sheet to force Nashville's hand, so to speak).

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote