View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
How does this argument need to die? Majority of "small" players never make the NHL, am I wrong to think otherwise? What is so different about Leipsic?

I for one do not get excited about high scoring, high energy, undersized junior players, they come a dime a dozen. They can play that way against kids, but not men.
You mean like Marchand, Andrew Shaw, Tyler Kennedy, Darren Helm, Nathan Gerbe, Ryan Callahan and Matt Read? Yeah, I heard those kind of guys rarely make an impact...

After the third round, 75% or more of your picks are gonna bust, I like guys with high motors and insane compete levels instead of big coke machines with a lack of hockey sense or guys that can't skate. Guys that always buzz around the puck, can drive possession, and scratch and claw to find any way they can impact a game are keepers for me. Sure he might not turn out, most prospects won't, but I will usually take that kind of guy third round and later over a "project" big guy with "upside."

Nashville has made good on their bets and unearthed real legit NHL players out of Canadian junior in the past few years with Bourque and Halischuk who have similar types of attributes. Undersized and all over the ice all the time.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote