View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 05:52 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
I'm going to add one point about Komi: while I think he's clearly overpaid (Aaron Rome just signed for $1.5 mil/year to play a similar role, Komi should make around $1.5-2 mil/year), he's still a better player than some of the other #6/7 dman options that people are throwing out (like Holzer, Kostka, Fraser, etc.). *IF* we don't need the cap space for another specific move, and *IF* we would have to add to move Komi (i.e. Komi and a 2nd for junk), then we should probably just keep him. He will become easier and easier to move as his deal gets closer to expiring. I would only want to add sweetener to move Komi if it was to make room for a specific deal. For example, if we made a big offer to someone like Getzlaf next offseason, and needed to clear cap space, THEN we could try to trade Komi + sweetener for trash. However, there's no point in trying to move Komi unless/until we actually need the cap space. Simply replacing Komi with someone like Holzer, Kostka or Fraser will not improve the team.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote