View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

vCash: 500
Owners' statements on CBA talks

The following statements were issued Thursday by NHL owners Jeff Vinik of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Ron Burkle of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Mark Chipman of the Winnipeg Jets and Larry Tanenbaum of the Toronto Maple Leafs:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647180

Ron Burkle, Co-Owner, Pittsburgh Penguins

Quote:
"...
We made substantial movement on our end quickly, but unfortunately that was not met with the same level of movement from the other side. The players asked us to be patient and keep working with them. |t's not what they do and they Wanted us to know they were committed.

We understood and appreciate their situation. We came back with an aggressive commitment to pensions which we felt was well received. We needed a response on key items that were important to us, but We were optimistic that we were down to very few issues. I believe a deal was within reach.

We were therefore surprised when the Fehrs made a unilateral and "non-negotiable" decision - which is their right, to end the player/owner process that has moved us farther in two days than we have moved at any time in the past months.
..."
Mark Chipman, Chairman and Governor, Winnipeg Jets:

Quote:
"...I am deeply disappointed that we were unable to bring this extremely unfortunate situation to a successful conclusion and I wish to apologize to our fans and sponsors for letting them down."
Larry Tanenbaum, Chairman of the Board, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment

Quote:
"...I am very disappointed and disillusioned. Had I not experienced this process myself, I might not have believed it. Like all hockey fans, I am hopeful this situation can be resolved as soon as possible. I miss our game."
Jeff Vinik, Chairman and Governor, Tampa Bay Lightning

Quote:
"...While trust was built and progress was made along the way, unfortunately, our proposal was rejected by the Union's leadership..."

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote