Thread: Proposal: Tor - NYR
View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 09:00 PM
van Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Looks to me like he was hurt not by the hit, but when he bumped his head on the way down without a helmet. I never noticed that before.

Anyway, I see this as a non-starter. If Sauer isn't healthy this is obviously worthless for the Leafs. If he is healthy nothing there really entices me enough to move Sauer.

The problem is, we don't have 6 starting D-men without Sauer, and we didn't sign one. So either the Rangers think he's coming back, or the Rangers are stupid enough to think Stu Bickel is a starter, let's hope it's the former.

That being said, I could do the MacArthur trade if you throw in Komisarek, and to sweeten the pot we can add a pick or another forward. Bounce some ideas off me...

Komisarek
+
MacArthur

for

Sauer (assumed healthy)
+
?????
If he's healthy, sure. I doubt the Rangers do that though, they'd be taking Komisarek who might be very good with them (I think he would). The other player they get is an easily replaceable free agent winger. If Sauer is healthy, he's a pretty good second pairing kind of guy, can play with Gardiner.

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Sauer

Looks pretty good, certainly a much better fit for Gardiner than Komisarek. We'd also make our d core younger, while not sacrificing any skill.

81 is offline   Reply With Quote