View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Damn those are some heated word from Russo. I give him credit for putting his name to it since his daily job involves dealing directly with the players. Everybody laying it on the line tonight.

Some big-time tweets from a very respected writer.
I'm glad that the writers are injecting their feelings into it. The players have been brainwashed (I suggest reading Scottie Upshall's twitter page if you feel like bashing your head against a wall tonight) and the owners are back to being under a gag order outside of that milquetoast statement...these beat writers are the only ones that have been there and are witnessing it first hand.

It's just sad that things are really this close...and the gap can't be bridged. They're arguing over money that simply isn't going to be there anymore, and they're doing so at the cost of a full season's salary at the very least. It's pathetic, it's maddening, and it's going to make it awfully hard for me to cheer for a lot of these guys again. They're killing my lifelong passion for hockey.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif