View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 08:55 PM
hongkongphoey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
There is no comparison between hodgson and norris IMO, in the 5 games I have seen it is clear that norris has a lot more skill but maybe the effort level is not always there. Hodgson is also a different style of player who goes hard all the time
That is exactly what my eyes say to me, however stats are not opinions. Hodgson has more even strength PPG, more GWG (3 second only to Hedges). He has 8 even strength goals to Norris 8 although Norris fewer games. Grabbers had me intrigued so I looked at last year olayoffs and Hodgson was second only to Hedges with GWG with 2.

Would LOVE to see plus minus because that is the ULTIMATE hockey stat. I think even strength PPG is next. Power play points can be deceiving.

I don't know where they play him on PP, if it is up top then he should have more points, if not then something to ponder.

Norris has the better skill set but when Grabbers posted the numbers I was surprised. It is not the skill set but what you do with it. What makes a player effective? There are players who put up points and players who hoist up championships.

There is pretty, there is effective and finally pretty and effective. Hedges and Mannicia come to mind for the latter category. It seems Hodgson might be far more effective than many realized, hard to call him pretty.

Fun exercise and now over.

What is certain is that the next Bears versus Raiders game shouldn't be missed. I give the Bears the edge. Also hard to count out Ottawa either as they have so many in the "effective" category and are playing as a comprehensive team. What a great second half ahead of us. Great for the league!