View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
there are a lot of Wii games that are very good with no or little use of the gimmick. I still think the Wii would have been way better by simply having more buttons on the controller.
Over the course of the lifetime of the system, yes.

By the time the Wii had enough games on it that I wanted to play to actually consider buying the system it was in it's twilight. A huge part of the reason I talked myself into getting the Wii U was to play those games since the Wii U has a reasonable price point. I wasn't going to pay $130 for a dead system, but $300 for a new one that's backwards compatible? That's a much easier sell. I have little doubt that I'll play this far less than the other systems that eventually get released in this 8th Generation of systems (though I do think the previously fairly easy to define generation tag is going to be harder to define now, since Nintendo seems to be on a 5 year plan while Sony and Microsoft are on more of a 10 year plan...it's hard to remember that the Wii came out a full year after the 360 did), but I expect to pay twice as much for the others.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-06-2012 at 09:39 PM.