View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 10:55 PM
PG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clear the track View Post
I am definitely not a Jr B expert. My son played Jr. B to start his career. He is finished hockey now. I have followed one team however for the past ten years in the Metro Leaque. No very little about Rideau St Lawrence except for the odd game.

If I was a coach and had a 20 / 21 year old dogging it because it was just regular season he would be benched. This would happen at any level of hockey reg season playoff whatever.

Its not just older players that raise the level of their game in the playoffs. The whole team does. Occasionally you get one player who rises above the rest. Not always an older player. Example: Paul Byron as a 16 year old literally carried Ottawa West on his back to a Leaque Championship. Its the nature of the game. Its the team that as a whole that raises their game that is going to be successful. The Jr B rankings whether statistically correct or not are entertainment at best. Its fun to talk about. I am sure we can talk about Clarence Creek being ranked too high til the cows come home.

Gatineau and Ottawa I think deserve to be where they are and if they raise their level
of play as teams in the playoffs they will be tough to beat. Having said that I am sure
there is a team from the Valley or Rideau St Lawrence that could very well prove me wrong. That is what is great about the playoffs in any league.

But I defer to you the expert.
Well said Clear The Track.....I don't buy it for a moment that players don't give a good effort during the regular season....and its only natural players raise their intensity during the playoffs - that's hockey

PG is offline   Reply With Quote