View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 09:58 PM
SidTheKid8787

vCash: 500
Where Sid's gonna play if this lockout thing goes into a deep freeze again is becoming clearer. It seems a Swiss club wants and can afford him:

Crosby said he wanted to let “this sink in” before he started “seriously considering my other options,” notably playing in Europe. His plan is to resume practicing with Penguins teammates at Southpointe next week, but signing with a club in Switzerland now looms as a possibility, he said.

Brisson said an expected next round of canceled games would not impact Crosby’s decision. He also said Crosby will not represent Team Canada or any team at the Spengler Cup, a Swiss tournament held annually between Christmas and New Year’s.

Crosby said signing with a Swiss club is not the message he wants to send to players, owners or fans.

“It’s not the insurance or any concern about my head, or any other reason that I believe we’re too close not to do a deal,” he said. “Nothing has changed my mind on that, and I still do. But I’m going to play hockey somewhere this season. I want it to be in Pittsburgh. That’s what this week was about for me.”

http://triblive.com/mobile/m/msports...rs-crosby-fehr