View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
I think too many older players are being considered. Guys that are out of the league during this lockout(Kariya, Naslund, etc) or guys who are 30 point players(Arnott, etc.)

Others are likely to be close to sure things down the road like Ovechkin, Iginla, Thornton, Kovalchuk

Some guys that haven't gotten much mention:
Eric Staal: May have missed out on 70 goals and 70 assists.
Jason Spezza: May have missed out on 50-60 goals and 90 assists
Henrik Zetterberg: 50-60 goals, 70-80 assists
Dany Heatley: 70 goals, 75 assists
Rick Nash: 70 goals, 50 assists

Guys like that. Now some of those guys are big reaches but you never know.
No, they aren't big reaches at all. Staal has a Smythe worthy run, a Cup, a 100 point season where he was among the NHL's elite and a slew of 70-80 point seasons. Spezza as well could have padded his numbers better also. Zetterberg I have a feeling is a HHOFer regardless because he has some gas left in the tank and has probably been the best postseason player post lockout. Nash? No, either way. Heatley is a tough one too. I get the feeling that by the end of his career even if he is close his off-ice stuff will keep him out. There would be a lot of people that would hate him in there.

That's the thing about this lockout, everyone is being robbed of a better career and the players are their own worst enemy in this battle (along with the owners).

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote