View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 11:52 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I'm a tiny bit surprised at how much disdain was shown for Tiny Thompson. In my 11th hour research to try to rationale things a little better, Thompson seemed to be regarded quite highly. Called the "greatest goaltender of the modern era" (1940). I'm assuming that means since the forward pass was introduced and therefore his competition was limited...but he must have been held in some esteem for some to go out of their way to recognize him like that. By comparison, Hainsworth seems to get little in the way of fanfare. Though, in the Western League reports that I read, he seemed to be held in higher acclaim. Which is singular, anecdotal evidence - but minorly interesting nonetheless - that the Western League might not have been so hot relative to the Eastern circuit...it's not cold, hard evidence...but given the timeframe, we're in the business of inference...
Posts like these are why I usually wait till the last minute to vote.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been really bad in this project about letting research and argument sit on the back burner until the PM goes out for everyone to start sending in votes.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote