View Single Post
Old
12-06-2012, 11:56 PM
HighLifeMan

vCash: 500
I see the battle on defense shaping up a little differently. At this point I think it is quite safe to assume that the top four is locked in, so barring an awful camp from one of Harrington, Hamilton, Oullett and Rielly they are safe.

I think the spot for third pairing LD is between Griffin Reinhart and Tyler Wotherspoon. I say this because they play very similar games that provide consistency and stability to the team in the way a Ryan Murray would. Obviously these two are not quite at that level, but in my opinion would be the best bets to replace that void (If that was the direction TC was looking). I would think that only one of these two could be on the team, so the loser would realistically not be brought along as a 7th defender.

The third pairing RD comes down to a battle between Matt Dumba and Ryan Murphy. Either way, I think the *loser* of this battle in camp is the front runner for the 7th spot on the team anyways.

Unfortunately for players like Pouliot and Sproul who are both truly great offensive talents, they are simply stuck behind too much depth in that regard during a lockout year (IMO). Then there is Corrado who possesses a good two way game which makes him a strong candidate to be brought along as the 7th defender if one of the bigger names struggle or get banged up during camp.

So in short..

Hamilton - Rielly
Harrington - Ouellet
Rienhart/Wotherspoon - Dumba/Murphy
Murphy/Dumba/Corrado