View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Why retract all the negotiating just because the players want Fehr in the room to advise them on whether they've gotten a good deal or not?

All of the owners are business suave, few of the players are.
The owners also know how to work press releases better than players.

.: the players are more likely to get screwed on a deal if they don't confer with Fehr than the owners are if they don't confer with Bettman.

The owners know that a room without Fehr is a room that's conducive to the owners getting a better deal. They know that any time Fehr steps into the room, they can break negotiations and pin it on Fehr and the PA through their PR skills.
There weren't any negotiations planned. The NHL offer was a take it or leave it and if NHLPA accepted, they would move on to settle the transitional stuff.

I don't see how players are getting screwed since the only side that moved without Fehr in the room was NHL and besides everyone knows Fehr have to sign off on any NHLPA move anyway.

I don't think there has been any attempt from NHL to make any big deal of NHLPA wanting Fehr in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Did you miss Bettman's speech? He took everything off the table. They rejected the PA's proposal and we're back to .... not sure which square.
I know you are keeping up with events better than this. Bettman took everything off the table because the NHLPA failed to treat a take it or leave it proposal as a take it or leave it proposal but instead kept the goodies and tried to negotiate the rest. You know this. It had zero to do with the player-owner dynamic being there or not.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote