View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 01:55 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Watched the game between Rimouski and Sherbrooke.

Gauthier was solid and has very good anticipation. Creates offense from his defense, a bit like Plekanec and Couturier do. He will need to improve his first few steps and his acceleration, because it's a clear weakness in his game. He's not slow per say, but compared to Mantha for example, it's something he's missing. He's obviously strong defensively and I only caught him cheat once all night. He sent Oke on a breakaway on PK with a brilliant pass in the 2nd period, he displayed good vision on that play. He's an interesting option late in the 1st round, and could end up as a 2nd line shutdown Center. At 6'5'', he would fill a glaring hole we've been having for a while at center.

I liked Morin, even though he ended up the night -3. He was used in every situation and played an almost flawless game. He didn't lose many physical battles, with his 6'7 frame it's no problem I remember commenting on Tinordi and saying he skated good for his size, well with Morin it's even more fluid. Guy is very mobile and isn't scared to skate with the puck. He's not an offensive D per say, but he can contribute offensively. He rarely wasted the puck and his passes are most of the time on tape. He'll need to add strenght to his upper body, as his shot could get more velocity to it.

I've heard good things about Maxime Gravel but tonight wasn't his night. I didn't notice him much, and when I actually did, he was fumbling with the puck at the offensive blue line. He not big, but he looks stiff and solid on the puck. He was used on the PP and in 5on5, but as I said other than that I didn't notice him much.

Other Draft eligible players that were playing:

Lysenko did alright, no big hit last night as he's a nasty hitter, made a few clutch block shots late in the game to preserve the game. Guy can move the puck fine but it's not his most attractive part of his game. Could see him getting picked in the 5th or so round.

Desrosiers was strong in goal for Rimouski, small frame for today's standards in goal though. He was calm in his net and besides the GWG, the goals that went through him were very hard to save. Don't want him before the 4th round, or even later.

A guy who had a good night was Simon Desbiens for Sherbrooke, scored the first goal of the game from a nice pass by Tassi that sent him on breakaway. He's a fine skater with alright hands and a hard shot. He's not scared to go in traffic. While the numbers aren't there yet for him( it's his first season in the 'Q), he certainly had a good enough night to catch the eye of the Habs' brass. Won't necessarily mean much, as I'm sure he wasn't on their radar before the game.

Kamaev looked good, but I'm not sure he's the type of player we need with the Habs. More of a perimeter guy, fast skater and pretty good hands. But if we go the undrafted route from the 'Q, I'd rather see Bergevin look at Andrighetto.