Thread: Proposal: Who wants Jonathan Bernier?
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 01:57 AM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
I really don't appreciate my opinion being dismissed as a 'basher' or 'hater' because it differs from yours. I've seen Berneir play, albeit not as much as kings fans certainly. I could just as easily say watch Leafs more often. But I won't, because I have no idea of your time spent viewin the Leafs, as you with me and the Kings. I just read through the latest Bernier thread, and no where do you offer up

I would say Hamilton is a pretty solid at both ends, I think refering to him as strictly an offensive defensemen is wrong. The same could be said for Murray, but not quite to the same degree. A guy like Rielly is a pure offensive defensemen. an reason why Bernier is/will be better than Reimer, other than ' he is'. Is get the vibe from your posts hat you confuse your opinion with actual facts. Many young goalies have great junior careers, attain many accolades, but amount to nothing in the NHL. For this reason, his junior success should have no bearing on what he will be in the NHl. I could list many examples from the leafs alone. So without tiring you out, for what reasons do you believe Bernier will end up as a superior goalie to Reimer. Don't worry about rehashing things because you have t really made a point in the first place that I can see. Maybe you could refer to a specific post?

wow calm down i didnt just dismiss your opinion like your a basher i said you have a right to it. If you note where i live im forced to see the leafs as the majority of games our shown locally its alot harder to see king games then leafs games. As you had stated in ur previous statement there stat lines are simlar etc this to me shows ur just looking at stats and not seeing him play which i think you would change ur mind. Its not being dismissive its a point i think you need to do before comparing bernier and reimer.

Minior league stats have alot to do with potential of a goalie if he has lead a team to the playoff and succed it shows a little of what he can do. He has been taken his time to develope slowly and not rushed to the nhl. He was delveloped proberly and slowly moved up unlike remier that imo was just thrown to the wolves. The kings developement of goalies is also alot better. See other goalies in the ahl right now delveloped by the kings and also see quick.

Bernier is a calm technically sound who rarely gives up a bad goal or shows emotion on the ice. Therefore hes better to handle the pressure of the nhl games. He not exactly that inexperienced hes been on a nhl roster a while I think hes earned a shot to play more. When hes played regualar his stats are alot better. the thing is hes stuck behind a vesina quality player in quick. As stated elsewhere in this post bernier has earned awards for his goaltending where as remier hasnt at any level. remier also hasnt lead any of his teams to any playoff sucess where bernier has. I hope this shows u a why i see bernier as a better goalie option. I never once said ur goalie suck all im saying is with bernier your team has a better shot at the playoffs then with reimer and scrievns

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote