View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else absolutely hate dark navy blue, like on the Sabres current, or Oilers previous etc.

The blue in the home is terrible, but in the third it is amazing
Me as well.

I love the color navy, I grew up a Penn State fan so it's only natural, but too often navy, or rather a darker version of it, has been used as a not-black-variation-of-black. The Oilers can't go BFBS, but they can go an extremely dark navy. The Sabres can go retro...only if it almost looks black.

It all has to do with that garbage 'black/dark colors is/are intimidating' thought process...as if any game has ever been won because of a player being scared of an opposing team's uniform.

It still kills me that the Sabres half-assed the retro thing. They had greatness at their fingertips and instead they implemented the dark color for no reason and idiotic piping for no reason (granted there's never a reason for piping...vertical stripes or nothing, damn it).

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote