View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 02:51 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Please. The more moderate elements from both sides held sway for a short period of time and made some headway. I firmly believe it was the player hardliners worried about a deal coming together that were the one's leaking the quotes about NHLPA members "worried" about owners doing an end around their leadership. When in fact they were worried they were moving the process along too quickly. It was cover to bring Fehr in to slow things down again and move away from a deal. Its what they want. They want the NHL season on the brink of cancelation. They feel thats when they will have the most leverage. They may be right but its one hell of gamble.
Again, most of this is stuff I've agreed with.

I've already agreed that the players made headway without Fehr. The players, no matter who's in charge, will eventually close the gap and reach a more middle ground than they're at today (ie the NHL's offer will be more fair to the players as time progresses, regardless of who's in charge; it's the nature of negotiations).

What I disagree with isn't that the NHL offer to the PA today was better than previous NHL offers negotiated under Fehr.

What I do disagree with is the assertion that a PA lead by the players would sign a more player-friendly CBA than a PA lead by Fehr.