Filppula-Richards-Franzen
Helm-Stoll-Tootoo

Scuderi-Doughty
Kronwall-Greene
Mitchell-Smith

Quick
Howard

spares: Voynov, Ericsson, Samuelsson or Cleary

I wanted to keep LA's top line together but also to mix up the remaining forwards some, hence breaking up Richards and Carter. The other option, of playing Franzen with Z and Dats, is ok too even though I don't think Franzen has the greatest chemistry with Datsyuk. On the fourth line I've switched Helm to wing as I think Stoll is the better FO man; Tootoo could easily be switched with Samuelsson or Cleary if needs be but I figured why not get a pest in there.

On D I kept the Scuderi-Doughty pairing intact but switched around some other guys. There's an argument to be made for replacing Smith with Voynov, but I'm a Wings fan so Brendan gets the nod. The 2nd and 3rd pairings should see roughly equal ice time and each unit pairs a solid LA shutdown guy with one of Detroit's active PMDs.

Didn't put too much thought into the spare players, you could easily argue guys like Quincey or White or Nyquist should make the cut from Detroit... I'm not so knowledgeable about LA's depth guys though so apologies if I missed anyone.

Last edited by Thrace: 12-07-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Thrace is offline   Reply With Quote