View Single Post
12-07-2012, 04:54 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
If they are junior aged and they came from the CHL, they have a maximum of 9 games to play in the NHL before their entry level contract locks in. After the 10th game, they can only play in the NHL. They cannot play in the AHL, as per the inter league agreement. If they are sent down to their junior club, they cannot be called up to the NHL for the remainder of the season, unless on an emergency basis.
Right, I did know those rules now that you mention it. Don't know what I was thinking though.

Question corrected: has any Canadian (not injured) players playing below NHL-level ever been forced out of Canadian WJC team?
Answer is probably no, and in my honest opinion - there ought to be rules stating that any junior not playing in their NHL team SHOULD go to their national team unless injured or officially retired (well, thats not going to happen).

No "decide for yourself kid, we'll let you have the final decision" as you know some wouldnt dare travel to the WJCs with that pressure from their employer.

Last edited by DaveH: 12-07-2012 at 11:27 AM.
DaveH is offline   Reply With Quote