View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I don't think the Knights need another defenceman. If you get another defenceman, you have to sit Liberati. Right now they have 7 defenceman (including Ferry). Also, Harrington and Maatta are two of the best in the O with Hughes being a good shutdown guy with Harrington. And Zadorov is proving that he will be the #1 guy soon. He impresses me more than Maatta did last year at this time. You say Raine might be trade bait, but why? Look at next year: Hughes and Harrington are gone and Maatta has a slight chance of going too. that leaves you with Zadorov, Maatta, Liberati, Centorame, Di Lorenzo. Not good enough.

Elie to me is like Horvat and Domi (untouchable). I like all of our young forwards but I'm trading Pawley, Jammes, Platzer, and Welychka before Elie. And that's not an insult to any of those 4.

If the Knights make any moves, they should bring in another scoring threat. It seems like Griffith is the only one who can snipe consistently whereas last year we had Namestnikov, Griffith, McKegg, Knight, and Watson as legit scorig threats.

Once the lockout is resolved and Strome and Hamilton go to the NHL, Niagara will become sellers. How about Jammes, and 3 2nds for Ritchie and Theoret. Niagara gets a future 2nd line center and several draft picks to use when they want to contend in their new rink. London gets top 6 power winger who helps them this year and a bottom six forward with size.

Domi-Broadhurst-Griffith
Ritchie-Horvat-Anderson
Theoret-Tierney-Welychka
Rupert-Rupert-Elie

Now would that not be the most dominant forward group in the O?
I couldn't agree more. Glad somebody else sees the value of Elie. I truly believe he is the best of the young forwards we have. Defence and goals against aren't our issue at all. I love the idea of adding to the forward crop and being able to notch up a few more goals a game and the size of these players dont hurt either. Raine is overage next year, I am a big fan of his and would love to keep him, but I have heard that Raine and Welychka are being sought after in trade talks. It's almost comparable to the trade we made with Erie where we sent Fox and Donnay....similiar type players being talked about here, so if we get back what we did in that trade, Im all for it.