View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 08:22 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Funny how his struggles coincide with lack of playing time eh?
The fact is he has been a starting goaltender in the WHL and AHL for well over seven years now. He is clearly struggling with the adjustment to very little playing time and his confidence is down in the gutters as a result. He still possesses the ability to be a very good goaltender at the NHL level, but it is simply up to him to get out of this funk. He may or may not have that in him, but I think it is early to write him of as a bust specifically after what he had shown last year.

He was leading the AHL in wins, and was top 10 in both GAA and SV% before his callup to the NHL last season. From there he would go on to steal the backup spot in Calgary from Karlsson and was looking more and more like the favourite to start the year on the big club as well.
I agree with you 100%. For the umpteenth time, I wish he can get out of this. At least you and some others on here are willing to admit he is in a funk, while others just cannot.

This whole thing for me started back around June when in a seperate thread I merely asked the question why everyone had him penciled in as back up, as if Karlsson or whoever else were just afterthoughts. Everyone jumped down my throat for even considering that he might not outright win the backup job.
Since then there have been a couple more (including this one) threads about this, and since that time there has been more reason for concern. I refuse to award Irving anything, and I steadfastly maintain that we have to be open to other scenarios as backup. And for this I continue to have some all up in a hissy.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote