View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 09:48 AM
True Hockey Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
I agree with this. And it is a shame. Spezza is legit one of my favourite players (you won't here that out of a leaf fan too often ) I think with the right linemate, he could have a reall good tournament. Like a big body guy in Staal and a sniper in Stamkos, would be a very effective offensive line. but to have Spezza, a guy like Giroux or Richards would be left off, guys with grit, whereas Spezza has none. On an Olympic squad, he would have the type of linemates that the WHC could never provide for him. Not to say he's had noone, but not the level of elite Canadian talent of the Olympics, or his NHL teammate of a few years ago. Hope he atleast gets a camp invite.
Personally, I don't think there is a need to left Giroux or Richards off, if Spezza is on the team. I agree with you that I can imagine Spezza with Stamkos, Staal and even with Giroux. And I don't think he has a zero chance. You just cannot left an 85-points player out of consideration, especially with a talent that Spezza has, IMHO.

But it's true it will be hard to find a good spot for him. I won't be suprised if Spezza doesn't make the team. But I won't be suprised if he does either.