View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Upshall:
“Plain and simple these owners think they can break us apart. GOOD LUCK! We r stronger than we’ve ever been and r behind Fehr 100%”.
“There's no pressure yet on the owners to lose this year, that's why they still treat us like Cattle. They'll need a partner come January.”

Sedin:
"I think from Day 1, this has fallen into what we really thought was going to happen," Sedin told the paper. "I don't know if they [owners] think they're dealing with kids or that we're stupid or think the fans are stupid. It's a little mind-boggling when you see what's coming out of their side. I want to hear a change, that they're actually going to give us something in return for the things we've given them.

So, let’s put this into perspective a little bit.
Henrik Sedin is on a 5 year contract worth about $30,000,000. Break it down WEEKLY paychecks in the amount of $117,308. <--The average median ANNUAL income per family for Vancouver BC is approximately $63,000. Henrik almost doubles that in one weekly paycheck.

Scottie Upshall is on a 4 year contract worth $14,000,000. Break it down WEEKLY paychecks in the amount of $67,308. <--The total median ANNUAL income per family for the State of Florida is $46,136. Scotty makes more than that in 1 week!

I am NOT on either side. I have haven't even posted in forever simply out of sheer disgust over the whole thing. But...the tweets and comments from some of these players are really starting to annoy the **** out of me. They just scream..."The world owes me more"