View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 11:00 AM
doug5984

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Certainly not a waste of money. That's a very solid purchase and if anything a steal! You could get older players for cheaper but this guy will be a long-term fixture on your team. Here's hoping his C/L stays steady for another couple season! Nice buy!
Whew that makes me feel better. I am happy with it though in that it makes my team significantly better on the back end right now, but isn't a 23 or 24 YO like some of the guys I lost out on- those would have been short term solutions.

Just spending up all my cash today.

Lonnie Rambeau 17 yo, 6/6, CM, 763 OR. Position adjusted quality should be in the mid-high 70s as well. This guy isn't a day 1 starter- is in line with my # 3 guy- but with his age, CL, and qualities he shouldn't be far off (4 years younger than my # 3, and 3 years off my # 1 & # 2. I'll try to get him in the rotation early, which will also allow me to play more games on normal and have decent energy at the end of the season.

Again, this one may have been an overpayment but I really like this kid, and with that OR at that age I really like what he could be.

Edit: forgot to include price: 36,500,000, he was originally purchased from FC Corona (An american player woo) for 36,750,000 last season so figure at the least it's a fair price.

Looking at the US roster he may have a small shot at that team- if they open up U-18 & U-20 teams soon I think he'd have a good shot at those.

Last edited by doug5984: 12-07-2012 at 11:16 AM.