Thread: GDT: Lockout Thread II
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 10:21 AM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I fail to see one point that he has made for himself or the players he represents.
By point I mean fight. He's there to just fight, and make it all as complicated as possible, because he doesn't like salary caps(and the PA didn't cave until after the season was done last time either), and he's going up against an ownership group that cancelled an entire season for the one thing Fehr dislikes the most.

He's a lit match around dry hay. The longer this goes on, the closer the flame gets to the fingers holding the match, the more likely that the match is dropped, and then the whole barn goes up.

I don't see where Donald Fehr agrees to a deal involving a hard cap. What that means for NHL hockey being played again, I don't know.

I don't know why players who seem to hate Bettman, don't trust the owners, and don't like financial restrictions, have been signing contracts with NHL teams since 2005. If it's about principle, if it's about standing up for what's right, then show the NHL that it needs you more than you need it. Sign in other leagues. Let the NHL die without you, and then you'll have owners begging for you to come back. They'll give you whatever you want. No cap, no draft, UFA at 18, you name it. The players keep taking the NHL's money though.