View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 10:45 AM
jedimyrmidon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Not necessarily. Back in 10/11 Galchenyuk had Yakupov on his wing and Strome still outscored him. Granted he's a year older, but I don't see how you can say with certainty that AG would be outperforming Strome if they switched teams.

2010/11(Galchenyuk's last full season):

Alex Galchenyuk: 68 games: 31G - 52A - 83P

Ryan Strome: 65 games: 33G - 73A - 106P
I'm not sure if this comparison is fair.

Galchenyuk's last full season also happened to be his rookie season (same for Yakupov) where he and Yakupov were already put on the top line. Makes for a tough comparison.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the IceDogs had quite a bit of depth back in 2010-2011, much more than this season. I know the +/- stat is not the be-all end-all indicator of defensive play, but there were so many on that 2010-2011 IceDogs team with high +/-'s including Strome who has been knocked on for a poor defensive game.

I've seen many posts stating that Strome has become much more of a two way player this season, which tends to validate the previous statement that Strome was lacking defensively before, and yet he was a +28 that year. So his stats from 2010-2011 indicate to me that he was allowed to concentrate almost exclusively on offense while not having to really worry about the other half of his game.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote