View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I can't believe I have read the last few pages, plus the last bit of the last thread. Why do I put myself through this torture?

Ok, first its simple, the Canucks NEVER NEED TO trade Luongo. At some point it might be in their best interest to do so, but anything on this is just speculation.

Case in point anything saying luongo may become a distraction or whatever. It may become true, but at this moment there is nothing to support it.

Cap implications... right now decertification has as much of a chance as anything else then there is no cap.

So here it is, at this moment, why trade for anything less than what helps you.
You do realize Luongo can't be traded until after the CBA is settled, right? At this moment you can't trade him for anything, let alone something that can help us now, whatever that may be (more mediators?). The deals being discussed regarding a cap drop to $60 million next season are obviously conditional on that actually taking place, and wouldn't be able to occur before it's an impending reality. No harm in discussing our options if the new CBA includes the financial issues that the players and owners have both said they're okay with in principle.

If you find it tortuous to read fans speculate about the cba negotiations' effect on Luongo's trade value in a negative light, you probably aren't cut out for HFboards.