View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Model62

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
This is not a case of trying to take money out of the players' pockets; it's a case of trying to limit how much money is put into the players's pockets, to the extent that fewer owners will have lower economic losses. That's raw economic reality here. And it's an economic reality which ultimately serves the players as well, because the more economically healthy teams there are, the better the potential of maintaining a 30-team League in order to employ the number of players that the NHL currently employs.
Feh. Record revenues, year after year. It's distribution of those revenues among the clubs that's wonky (more Rev. Sharing eases that, but can't solve it. Growth in American media is maybe the answer). But regardless -- the PA has agreed to the 50/50 split. They've agreed in principle to term lengths on contracts. They've agreed on percentage step-downs. They get the "raw economic reality". They have demonstrated it with all the giveaways.

The League is after more and I think it's that bit I mention at the end of my previous comment; this CBA and the ones that follow are to be negotiated on ownership's terms, not the PA's.

Model62 is offline   Reply With Quote