View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Yeah but the Belarus leauge is a beer leauge. Where is Egle?
His team, Liepājas Metalurgs, recently lost to Finnish Mestis team only in overtime and the top teams of the league have in the past won vs EBEL teams and even KHL teams. Sure the level is gradually dropping and all the teams below top 6 are not really that good but the top is still nice. Note that this guy is also not having a super easy time there after a draft and being pretty good in OHL last year:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=70442

Egle is too young, I honestly do not see him being at the skill level for U20 yet. This year for Latvia's standards is pretty damn good. Even not talking about the two drafted guys in round 1 and 2, NOBODY of the U20 age has ever played as good as Kuzmenkovs and probably also Ozoliņ in Belarus league, at this age probably only Karsums (drafted 2nd round) was as good in WHL or any CHL league as Lipsbergs, as I already said MHL guys are also scoring much more than least year's bunch. Jevpalovs is actually scoring more (or about the same) than drafted Pelss in QMJHL that we had last year, Andersons is close to playing in Swiss NLA, if Kļaviņ would be there we'd have the first player from Elitserien in the U20 ever... For our standards if we talk about forwards we're stacked beyond belief. Defense is quite another issue....

Then again this ''stacked beyond belief'' only gives us the same what we had for U18 last year- a chance to fight vs Germans and Slovaks and Swiss maybe. Last year at U18 we beat both Germans and Switzerland but still weren't in top 6 and this is pretty much the same team + couple of 1993s... If all's well next year should be the year when our team at least offensively will be even better... At least I hope so, never know how players develop... But this year judging from stats actually nobody has regressed, don't know about Girgensons or Bļugers though but at least they play at much better leagues than last year.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote