View Single Post
Old
05-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
The reason I asked is simple (BTW the Arnott name was just there to compare production level not to the actual player), We all want to see a big center this year and everyone is pointing us in the direction of signing Arnott, Savard or trading for guys like Lang or Yashin. I have nothing against these guys what so ever and I also think that Ribeiro is not the solution but if we where to sign a UFA I would rather a guy on the wing then see someone locking the 2nd center position for multiple years... Perhaps over-payiong for a guy like Elias is a better solution then over-paying for a guy like Arnott.

If we acquire a winger like Elias (either via a trade or FA) and stick a guy like Chipchura (may be not this year) between him and Kovalev we could probably groom him to get even better then we had originally expected. I see a lot of Muller in him and if he could pan out to be that type of player then all I could say his that he would end up being the missing piece we have been looking for in a while.

I think that Chipchura has lots of un-tapped offensive upside, more the we may think. I would add the same for Lapierre who most see like a 4th liner at most. I think that with Lapierre, Chipchura, Plekanek and Koivu we would definitively have 4 solid centers in 2-3years from now. I think we will see Lapierre making the jump this year and Chipchura possibly next year. But all this to say that trading Ribs this year might not be the ideal solution, perhaps one of Lapierre or Chipchura will emmerge and steal that spot.

Has for the 2nd line vs 3rd line, I would think that BG is building a team with any of the top 3 line that can contribute offensively and defensively.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote