View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 12:20 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Not really good comparisons. Mackinnon is one of the premier center prospects since Stamkos arguably. RNH can compete with that ofc but I am not going to put that on him after one season.

Drouin I've seen since last year and he's more of a Giroux clone to me. Reason why I said as soon as this season began was due to his over flowing skill on the ice. However out of the two, the one who is mostly sound and can be a game changer is Mackinnon.

As regards to Klatzy's post on us targetting Jenner, I really can see that tbh. If I recall correctly, Jenner was one of Burke's target as well along with one of the goalies was he not in the second round? Or was it he was just interviewed by us quite a bit. I hope it comes true, as he is a home town boy and also plays mostly with Biggs.

I feel like players that we think are locks on our team are going to move more after this deal is done and during the draft day. I hope our prospects like Colborne, Kadri, Frattin and others gives us a solid chance to have more chips on the table to make some sweet deals for players who are backlogged due to depth. Players we should be aiming for should be Brassard after jackets acquiring Anisimov, and Dubinsky. I am not mentioning Johansen as he is their projected first line center for the franchise.

Mikael Backlund, Peter Holland, and so on.

However from this draft I hope we can create some magic and get a top 3 - 5 pick, along a bottom 1st rounded for players such as Nurse, Fucale and so on.

I'd almost expect Colborne to be dealt. He needs a change of scenery badly. Hopefully Burke can use his injury to downplay his struggles and use his fast start last year to get some decent value for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I think there will be a deal by then but not before they announce the season is cancelled.

Lol I remember swearing the day Galy was announced on the podium by the habs.

I am happy as well Rielly however I still hope he polishes his defensive game. I know it's not bad but it's not as great as it could be. I know he is an offensive defensemen, but his role is to be a defensemen and I hope he makes that his priority.

I am as well curious on what happens if we are able to get our hands on Seth Jones and who becomes expendable from our blue line prospect area.
Rielly was drafted to play a high offensive game as a dman. Trying to make him not that would be to waste his talent.