View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 12:23 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Yeah, but JT and Kane did it during or prior to their draft years if I'm not mistaken.

Strome is playing lights out and has really developed his game and Isles fans should be happy about that. I personally do not want him anywhere near LI if the lockout is over. Let him finish out the year in Niagara (or elsewhere because he's probably going to be shipped off to a contender), go to the WJC, and finish the season strong.

One more stint in the Dungeon in the offseason with Johnny and Co. should do him a world of good in the AHL (or NHL) next season. We finally have a premium center prospect (that wasn't rushed) and I'd like to keep it that way. Besides, Strome has to compete with Nelson (who has really impressed this year) to even get a shot on the big club.
That's a very true statement. To be honest, when Strome didn't have a great year last year, I was very worried he stalled and wouldn't reach his potential, and we would have another bust on our hands. It sounds like he's really picked up his game and it's been all him, not a product of another player or the system he plays in. I'm much more confident in Strome now that he can be a dynamic #2 center behind our golden boy JT.

Hopefully he's what Islander fans wanted Bailey to be, but better.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote