View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Damn you Kozlov, that OT game and 2 more wins and the Hawks would have made for a better final.

I still need the Hawks to beat Detroit in a playoff series to get rid of that memory. It was bad enough to see Detroit win, it was worse because they got swept.
You should be mad at Belfour

He gave up horrendous goals in OT's vs Wings that series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
If we miss another season I wonder if it signals the death knell of teams like Phoenix, Columbus, and the Islanders. I just don't see fans coming back for teams like that.
Isles TV deal + Move to Brooklyn mean they wont go away

Pho is only team that I would put in Dire extinction category

Jackets are tied into a pretty tight lease.. You cant just fold or move a team it will cost $$$ to get out of lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
It could be... honestly, I don't want to see the league have to contract, but it might be necessary. I'm not sure all these relocations would be a great idea. When do you ever see a sport move teams around so often this day in age?
Teams move all the time

Teams to move in NBA in last 20 years = Hornets , Grizzlies , Sonics
Teams to move in NFL in last 20 years = Raiders , Rams , Oilers , Browns
Teams to move in MLB in last 20 years = Expos
Teams to move in NHL in last 20 years = Whalers , Jets , Nordiques , Thrashers

It happens ,, If a market is not viable any longer and team can move without legal restrictions (No lease)

Hell NBA has a few teams with questionable futures in there current market (Sacramento for instance)

And the threat of being relocated looms for Chargers , Rams , Jags and Bills in NFL