View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Sky04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
Yep, anybody attempting to use Datsyuk's ppg avg the past 2 seasons is making a flawed argument.

The past two seasons Datsyuk was 4th in lge scoring and on pace for 100 pts before suffering significant injuries that forced him into surgery and missing time.

So when you say things like "his offensive game hasn't been that good since 09", you might as well be saying "I don't know what I'm talking about it."
I'll believe 100 points from Datsyuk when I see it, of course at one point, any player can be "on pace for over 100 points". Kessel was early on, Gaborik was last season, Stamkos was this and last year.

You might as well be saying "I'm a die hard Datsyuk homer".

Not to mention Toews has played through injuries also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
For one, that's a pathetic argument as it labels HF polls as the be-all end-all for judging players.

But even with that put to the side, you don't believe a small difference in the caliber of two players can also be a clear difference?
Elementary reasoning.

If Datsyuk was vastly better than Toews, he'd be the best player in the NHL. Malkin is vastly better than Toews.

Not Datsyuk. He has not been "so much better" since 2009.

Clearly has an extra something over Toews, as I've been saying all along. But once again the only people claiming the difference is anything but small are simply Detroit homers.

Exactly, it's still Datsyuk, we can see that, but "AINEC" is dumb. Datsyuk isn't close to the best player in the world.

Sky04 is online now   Reply With Quote