The Luongo Thread - "Make it stop, make it stop!"
View Single Post
12-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by
That's certainly a very debatable topic. I feel Luongo's importance to this team is somewhat underrated by most.
- elite #1A/B with Schneider
- in the future will continue to be a very good #1A/B
- currently is a tweener, he should bolster our 2/3rd line
- in the future he will continue to be a tweener IMO
- might crack the roster (IMO will not this year)
- in the future he might end up a solid 1st liner/could potentially bust
- no help in the present
- could be a good pick 3-4 years down the road or could be a bust.
I don't think there is any way to say Kulemin/Kadri/1st help us win more right now but a case could be made for the future. The impact of an elite netminder even as a #1B option is much more than 2 tweeners.
The way I see it, Kulemin adds some physicality and 2-way play now and in the future. Kadri likely puts up around 40 pts, possibly slotting in as a 3C or on Kesler's wing, in the future might end up being a solid 1st liner or a bust. The 1st round pick(in a great draft and in the middle round, so likely joins our roster after 1 year, think Pulock, Lazar, etc type of player) can either be used for ourselves,also making it more palatable to move our 1st in a move for a deadline deal like Perry.
View Public Profile
Vankiller Whale's albums
Find More Posts by Vankiller Whale