Thread: Proposal: Jets - Oilers
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
franfrey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
Clitsome and Potter have very similar numbers, so I'm not sure how you can consider a huge upgrade.

Peckham doesn't play an offensive game, but he still has value as a bottom pairing, press box guy.

I don't see how he's much of an upgrade over what we currently have available for a bottom pairing role.
Clitsome >> Potter in the D-zone. Clitty isn't a stalwart, but it's hard not to be better than Potter in that department. Keep in mind Clitsome doesn't play (or rarely plays) on the PP, which is where Potter probably got most of his points. He's also a better skater.
I'd also like to hold on to Peckham, as he can be a valuable asset if he reverts back to his 2010-11 form. Not many D-men were as bad as he was last year though.
You have to be blind not to realize that our defensive depth is pretty bad, compared to our offensive depth. I think the addition of Clitsome would be worth giving up Petrell for.

It's not like the loss of one decent (not great) PKer will impact the team's performance really. Smyth, Horcoff, Bélanger, even Eberle or Paajarvi can all PK pretty well.

Last edited by franfrey*: 12-07-2012 at 02:34 PM.
franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote