View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 02:10 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I haven't been following this thread all that closely, What's the take on the Volt's Jerome Verrier? I was watching the game the other night and they said that NHL scouts are keeping a close eye on him after being passed over in the 2012 draft. Looked good in the game and I see he's leading the Volts in scoring, might be someone to keep an eye on.

As for undrafted players, Jeremie Malouin looked like someone that might be of interest to invite to camp for ECHL depth.
I know Verrier was far from a fan favourite early on this season as fans thought he was receiving ice time solely because he's the son of the President of the team(IIRC). But he has been scoring some clutch goals for them lately. He's shooting from everywhere and everything he touches seems to turn into gold lately. He has a strong shot, but is an average skater, he's a hardworker though. I don't honestly see much offensive potential as a Pro for him as he doesn't have the greatest hands either. Besides his shot, there's not one asset that stands out as a strenght. I'd rather see us look into a Clapperton, Andrighetto or a JC Lipon rather than Verrier.

Malouin is a character player, but he's another average guy in pretty much every aspect of the game. Alright skating, average hands, but he works hard and will do anything to win. Could see him play in the ECHL, maybe eventually the AHL, but not much further.