View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 02:11 PM
XX
He's a good guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Also, my ipod is about broken. It's eight years old and falling apart. I like iTunes and I like iPod. If I don't get an iPhone, I will end up buying an iPod. I really cannot see myself using another MP3 player. I'm too old and crusty to make that switch. iPod use is daily and is important. I understand that with either an iPhone 5 or 4S, I'll be able to use it as a 16G iPod, is that right?

All general chatter, and any input of any kind is more than welcome. I'm totally ignorant and don't know what I want. I'm also a cheapskate and this decision actually does represent a large one for me. Probably more so than most people.
If you web browse, get the biggest screen you are comfortable with. Hint: that means not an iPhone. If you are used to the iPod as a separate entity (yours lasted 8 years? consider yourself lucky) then get whatever form factor iPod you fancy in addition to the phone. I don't know about you, but I generally don't take my phone with me when I use an mp3 player, like to the gym. If I do, having an additional thing to carry isn't a big deal, like at a desk or in your car. I also don't like my mp3 and phone sharing the same battery. I also like being able to use iPod dock media devices or dock it to my computer, and still have my phone separate.