View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
So we keep Luongo in case Schneids gets injured one day? That's a pretty expensive insurance policy. We have greater needs on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Schneids career record indicates that he's a durable goaltender. We just need an adequate backup to give him a break. As far as I'm concerned, my preference is to keep Schneids, but they should trade whomever gets the best return. One of them needs to go!
Yeah, it's ludicrous to suggest we hold onto an elite goaltender to be our backup in case Schneider gets hurt one day.

Even more ludicrous when you think how much whining we've endured about our lack of secondary scoring and Luongo is the teams greatest trade chip to help address it.

I can't believe anyone would question whether or not a goalie will be traded in the near future. As if running with this tandem for 4 more years is a realistic option...

We have 2 elite players in the primes of their careers that both play in goal. There is just no conceivable way these 2 share the crease for the next few years. Never mind the cap implications.