View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
. It was a 35+ deal. If it wasn't, I don't think anyone would give a damn.
That's what I'm thinking. You're taking a major risk for signing a guy 35+ to a major contract. I mean the Wild probably could put Harding, Bouchard and Backstrom all on LTIR and let their contracts expire without taking a major cap hit this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
It's not as if this still doesn't hurt the Flyers though. They lost a number one defenseman that they still have yet to replace. The space also counts against the cap during the off season, which affects the moves that they can make.
Not really. The cap is raised in the summer, so they just work around it. It's a minor issue at best. And if you are counting on a 35+ to play out their contract as a number 1 defenseman, go grab Redden.

Quote:
It's not like this has been completely swept under rug like you make it out to be. If there's an amnesty buy-out in the new CBA, you can be assured that the Flyers would almost certainly use it for the Pronger contract.
OR Bryz.

Quote:
But you're right, the league should hamper a team for 7 years because of one freak injury that no one could have predicted.
Wait, a concussion is a freak injury? How many did Pronger have been this?

Quote:
If anything, the 35+ rule is a bigger joke than LTIR. It stops teams from signing veterans because of this exact situation.
Not really. You can still sign veterans but at small chunks of time.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote