View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 03:03 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Lehman and Holmes had a very Durnan/Broda relationship, with one of them getting all the regular season honours and the other seemingly aways prevailing in the playoffs.
Part of the Durnan/Broda thing is that Broda always beat Durnan head to head in the playoffs.

I looks like Holmes and Lehman played in the playoffs every season between 1918 and 1924. I believe this is their full playoff record head to head, as there were no PCHA playoffs before 1918, and Lehman didn't make the playoffs in 1925 or 1926.

In 1918, Holmes' Toronto Arenas beat Lehman's Vancouver Millionaires in the Cup finals.
In 1919, Holmes's Seattle Metropolitans beat Lehman's Vancouver Millionaires in the PCHA finals.
In 1920, Holmes's Seattle Metropolitans beat Lehman's Vancouver Millionaires in the PCHA finals.
In 1921, Lehman's Vancouver Millionaires beat Holmes' Seattle Metropolitans in the PCHA finals.
In 1922, Lehman's Vancouver Millionaires beat Holmes' Seattle Metropolitans in the PCHA finals.
In 1923, Lehman's Vancouver Maroons beat Holmes' Seattle Metropolitans in the PCHA finals.
In 1924, Lehman's Vancouver Maroons beat Holmes' Seattle Metropolitans in the PCHA finals.

I see Lehman with a 4-3 record over Holmes head to head in the playoffs. Holmes' teams tended to be more successful in the finals though. Holmes was 4-2-1 in the Cup finals, though 2 of the wins were with the NHA/NHL. Lehman was 1-6 in the Cup finals.

Another reason to possibly prefer Broda is that Durnan's longevity was poor, something that obviously wasn't a problem with Lehman.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 12-07-2012 at 03:26 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote