View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Ottawa99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Can't see 5 or 6 in 1st rd. My top players in GTHL are: Strome, Stephens, Korostolev, take your pick as they are all top 10 picks. Next picks are top 2 rounds: DeFarias, Robinson. Then you have some very skilled players who are small so who knows, Rajic, Marner and Fregona. Mitch Webb can also make it to the top 2 rds.

There are a few boys on the Red Wings who could make the top 2 rds but their play this year has been so inconsistant that it would almost be on size and reputation.
Long time follower-rookie poster. Luvtowatch, mapleleaf979 and chewerjones- I really enjoy your posts and insight on a number of this years' prospects. I'm with you on the top 3 in the GTHL providing Korostolev gains his eligibility. From my perspective it's a defencemen rich draft across the province and DeFarias is a part of that high caliber mix for sure. Teams will definitely have to do their homework this year but I can't see a scenario where he goes any later than mid second round with every possibility of sneaking into the first. As in other years, the key this year will be the US kids and their committal-OHL or NCAA that will impact some of these kids and their draft order.
I too agree with Luvtowatch that the M. Webb twin has a shot at second round. At 6'2 he is a nice skater, high compete and Making the most of playing with arguably one of the top 5 kids in the draft in Strome.
Marner takes a hit because he is so small, however, both he and Rajic see the ice very well and have exceptional hands. I have no doubt teams will take a shot at these two albeit most likely after the first 3 rounds or so as size still has a place in the OHL.

Ottawa99 is offline   Reply With Quote