View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
In all honesty, I know people knock on Luongo but the guy has got to be getting awfully close to a HHOFer even as a goalie with those lofty standards. I mean, two Hart worthy seasons (2004, 2007), two 2nd team all-stars, one trip to the final in 2011 and one game away from a probable Smythe. An Olympic Gold in 2010 and helping with the World Cup win in 2004. Sure he had some shaky goaltending in international play (which I have personally criticized) but he still won. All of that plus the fact that he's been in the league since 1999 and has a ton of wins/shutouts sort of ties into the fact that he has some good longevity. Honestly, the guy has his critics but he's got more hockey in him.

I am not sure what to make of Lundqvist. Very good results in with the Vezina but so far a substandard postseason resume. Same with Miller. Kipper is a no for me, and Ward has got to get his team into the postseason more than twice.
I think Kipper was hurt more by the lockouts than Luongo. The '05 season was between two seasons in which he A) led the NHL in SV% and GAA (albeit in 38 games) and went to game 7 of SCF in '04 and B) won the Vezina. He likely missed a truly elite season there. He's still a good goalie, although his team is weaker now. Luongo was a 2nd team AS and 3rd in SV% in '04 for a team which was unlikely to make the playoffs. He's still a good goalie, but his situation for next season is unknown. Given that, I'm not sure why you think Luongo is borderline and Kipper a definite no:

Luongo: 339-283-83, .919 SV%, 2.52 GAA, 60 SO (PO: 32-29, .916, 2.53, 5 SO)

Kipper: 311-189-69, .914, 2.45, 44 SO (PO: 25-28, .921, 2.32, 6 SO)

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote