View Single Post
Old
12-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
Neither.

Usually I'd side with the players by default, mostly because they're only millionaires in a fight with billionaires. But Nick Kypreos' rant on Hockey Central At Noon the other day put me ever so squarely in the "neither" column (though, to be honest, I was already pretty much there).

I didn't really want to believe that hockey players were that spoiled and out of touch with reality... but to hear Kypreos sit there and put down every hard working person in the country and talk about hockey players as if they make nothing have it so very rough compared to "normal people" ... it was amazing. I was floored.

In the end, they're all fighting over dollars that are spent on the NHL by hard working parents of sick children who wanted a jersey for Christmas or money pooled together for public school trips or... whatever. There are a million examples like that. They're clutching greedily at every single one of those dollars, and it's embarrassing to watch. In fact, after watching the whole thing in disgust, I couldn't possibly imagine spending another cent on the NHL in the future, and I hope a lot of people feel the same way.

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote