Old
12-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I agree that Lehkonen could be a top10 pick if he wasn't so small. He needs to bulk up quite a bit. I put him in the same category as Teuvo Teräväinen, altho I think Lehkonen is better now than Teuvo was a year ago. I just see tremendeus potential in him because he's a shoot first guy and he understands the game well. He'll be a top20 pick if he plays like this throughout the season.

Ristolainen never was a top10 pick for me. He's got size and he's pretty confident but he makes far too easy mistakes - well he's a young guy after all. Still a great prospect for sure.

I wouldn't be dissappointed if GMs chose to pick Barkov but I'd maybe take Drouin or Monahan before him, if the pick was in top5. Ristolainen would be value for later than top20. I'm so high on Lehkonen that I'd take him in top15.
I disagree on Ristolainen. Sure, he's mistake prone, but he's still young as you said. He has tremendous potential though, there really isn't a weak area in his game. He has a full set of tools and he can use some of them very effectively already. He's big, has good hands, his skating is good and he has a heavy shot. To me, his only downside could be his defensive awareness and/or his hockey IQ. Of course, that's a rather big minus.

To me, it really depends on where he's available. If he's there on mid 1st, I'd consider him seriously. If he's there on late 1st, say #22 ->, take him and run.